Friday, April 6, 2012

Make Your Own Insecticidal Soap

I have learned to make my own insecticidal soap. In the stores, a small bottle will run approximately $7 or more. You can make your own for much less!

You will need:

  • 2 tablespoons baby shampoo
  • 2 tablespoons cooking oil
  • 1 gallon of water
Mix all of the ingredients together. An old, gallon milk jug works great. Then pour it into a hand sprayer or a clean spray bottle. Mark any bottles and store them properly. Spray the solution on all of the plant that is infected with bugs. You may need to spray your plant everyday for three or four days to make sure that you have killed off all of the bugs and any newly hatched ones. This will save money for insecticidal soap and save money on replacing plants that have died due to insect infestation. Now, sit back and enjoy your bug free garden!

Happy Gardening!

1 comment:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

I promise to use this o my fruit trees when the aphid-ant party begins this spring. You may have saved me a small fortune in "Insecticidal Soap". Didn't know the magic ingredient of oil for stickiness and now I too am in the secret group of gardeners who know.

Little old me...

My photo
Canada
An american yankee up past the 49th parellel.

Followers

Blog Archive