Monday, February 28, 2011

Seeds!

Hip hip hooray! It's the first of March and I can start some seeds. The thought of getting dirt under my fingernails is a definite turn on to me. I know... I know...I am a bit weird when it comes to my gardening of vegetables. Flowers I can leave. Except for sunflowers as they entice the bees to my garden.

My friend who has a CSA garden has already started stuff. Primarily tomatoes I think. They'll be huger than huge by the time I get mine started. But, I don't have a greenhouse like she does. Lucky girl. So I have to wait. Oh and I have a total of 20+ different varieties of tomato seeds to grow from. I won't grow that many types... but, oh it's so nice to have them.

I will be starting, brussel sprouts and peppers. I have only one variety of sprouts. But, peppers I have a couple of different kinds. Of course I have the big ole ones you see in the grocery store and then I have some heirloom/heritage ones too. I am definitely planting Jimmy Nardellos again this year. They are a small, sweet frying Italian pepper. Plus, there's such an interesting story behind the seeds. You can read the story here if you are interested; http://seventrees.blogspot.com/2008/04/who-is-jimmy-nardello.html

Anyway, all this really means is winter is coming to a close soon. I can hardly wait!!!!!

1 comment:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Yay !!!!!!

We want you to be our cook for life.

Little old me...

My photo
Canada
An american yankee up past the 49th parellel.

Followers

Blog Archive