Thursday, February 17, 2011

Better Times

I spent yesterday out of the house. (Not all my readers know I have been sick with the flu for the past week so this was a much needed break.) The weather was overcast but, did not matter much as the temperatures were hovering around zero all day. Woo hoo! Today is supposed to be even warmer with RAIN showers, not snow. Even nicer. (Is that Spring I see lurking around the corner?)

I did get a hold of my friend, Lisa like I blogged about yesterday. Since we live quite a distance from each other (almost 70kms) we agreed to meet half way. She had a couple of errands do in this particular town as did I, so it worked out well for our meeting place.

We met, we talked, we laughed and we had a great time well, except for the crappy lunch we had. But, that's another story. She is a wonderful listener. Because I am in the process of getting my permanent resident status here in Canada (which is why I can't leave the country) she gives me the Canadian take on issues as she used to work for the Canadian government. She knows the ins and the outs and sees different ways to go about doing things I would never know or, think to do.

I came away from our meeting (which was way too short) remembering the hug she gave me, the insights into the craziness surrounding me she helped me to see and the knowing I have a great friend in her.

PS Thanks to all of you who left comments yesterday on my blog. You ladies are great. I really appreciate your concern and the thoughtful comments you left for me.

4 comments:

FriggenPhysco said...

Where's the "like" button on this thing? Hehehe.
Glad you had a good day :-D

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Glad to hear that her listening ear and hugging arms helped you see your way clear to a better take on what’s bugging you.

Cartoon Characters said...

Hmm. My husband went back and forth after we were married while waiting for his permanent status.... But then, I can't remember if we were classified as internal or external application. For extenuating circumstances they can be flexible. I know he had a temporary status for a while....
But I can understand why you wouldn't want to chance it. I found that the rules changed, depending on who you talked to... :(

Phiddy said...

Cartoon,
Well that's very interesting. I am planning on sending an email off to my attorney. Lots of questions sitting here in limbo and waiting and waiting. How long did it take for your DH to get his application approved?

Little old me...

My photo
Canada
An american yankee up past the 49th parellel.

Followers

Blog Archive