Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Garden Progress





The garden continues to produce and produce and produce. I have been canning my a_s off this week. And have hardly taken a break. It's been beets, beets and more beets. And, I have pink tinged clothes now. The kitchen was pink tinged too. Floor, cupboards, counter tops and whatever else got in the way.

The tomatoes are finally starting to ripen. Which is really nice. We had BLT sandwiches a couple of nights in a row. (They were easy to fix in the midst of the mess of canning!)

Oh and the corn. Can you spell d-e-l--i-c-i-o-u-s? It's been wonderful too. I don't think we'll be able to save enough this year to freeze from our garden. But, I could buy some local corn which has finally come down in price. It's now 6 ears/$1. Think I will freeze a couple of ears for the holiday dinners, ie Christmas, New Years, Easter when they will taste very good and seem like summer is back on our plates.

Hope everyone is enjoying the bounty of summer veggies! Tonight here it's eggplant Parmesan.
Of course the eggplant is from our garden. Going to have to find out how to save some of that for winter...... hmm. Anyone know?

1 comment:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

I am soooo glad that you are having a busy and good time with your fruits. I am busy with two babies three days a week and one the other two days. Actual weekends off-well, this weekend mostly off; we'll see what next holds. I am jealous of the corn!! One of my summertime faves, too.

Little old me...

My photo
Canada
An american yankee up past the 49th parellel.

Followers

Blog Archive