Monday, July 5, 2010

Peas


Ah peas.....
What can be better than a dish of peas freshly picked.
I had a hard time getting them indoors as I was eating them as I picked.
They were that good.
There probably would have been double this amount had I stopped eating them.

I was inspired to make something different with the first peas of the season.
I choose this recipe to use. And, the word after all was said and done was;
DELICIOUS and are you going to be making this again?


Petit Pois a la Francaise

Recipe courtesy of; Laura Calder from the Food Network

Serves 4

  • 2 tablespoons butter - I halved this amount and used an extra 1 tbsp of olive oil
  • 16 pearl onions, peeled and halved - I used an onion thinly sliced on the bias
  • 4 slices bacon, cut into lardons
  • 1 pound shelled fresh peas
  • 1/2 cup chicken stock
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1 bib lettuce, cored and sliced - I used fresh leaf lettuce from my garden

Directions

  1. Melt the butter in a sauté pan. Add the onions and cook two minutes, then add the bacon and continue cooking until done. Add the peas and stock. Season. Cover and cook until the peas are almost tender. Add the lettuce and stir through. Cover one minute to wilt. Check the seasonings, and serve.
I hope you try this. You and your family will love it.

No comments:

Little old me...

My photo
Canada
An american yankee up past the 49th parellel.

Followers

Blog Archive