Friday, June 25, 2010

What's Been Happening Here





I went to the u-pik place down the road and brought home 8 liters of strawberries.

I have spent the day making; plain strawberry jam, strawberry/pineapple jam, strawberries to can in a simple syrup (for winter eating - oh yum) and the rest are in the frig for fresh eating. Smoothies tomorrow?

Then there are the bananas which had brown spots and were marked down to a really ridiculous price at the store this morning. There are 20 of them sliced and in the dehydrator as I write this.

I also got on the stick and made some crockpot yogurt today too. Ah.... for the smoothies tomorrow, correct? Had to buy a 1/2 gallon of 2% milk at the store instead of using my raw milk. I need to talk to my supplier about increasing my milk by a 1/2 gallon about once every 3 weeks.

No pictures as of yet but, there is watermelon rind sitting in a brine overnight for making pickles with tomorrow. I used the last jar up that I made 2 summers ago.

It's been a busy day for me here. And, my hands are like prunes and the dirt from the garden is finally out from under my nails!

2 comments:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Boy do you stay busy or what!! Sheesh Kabeesh, you make me look and feel lazy and that ain't easy.

Do you think we will ever be in the same place at the same time again, Cita? I sure as hell hope so, at least once more...

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Is the fingernail dirt in the jam, yoghurt and watermelon pickle?

Little old me...

My photo
Canada
An american yankee up past the 49th parellel.

Followers

Blog Archive