Saturday, June 26, 2010

For Those of You


This is for those of you who have asked for more pictures of me.

This is me on my faithful stead, my lawn tractor. Followed by my constant companion, Gracie-girl. (See her there? Right at the edge of the photo?) I was out doing mulch work as evidenced by the bale of hay in the cart. Or, was I throwing hay on top of the potato pit? I think I was covering the potatoes and mulching the orchard trees.

Poor DH... he takes numerous pictures of me and when it comes time to look at them downloaded on the computer, well, let's just say they don't all make it here. It's not that he is a bad photographer.... far from it. In fact his Dad was someone famous when it came to photographs. Even had a book published of his work. And, the apple doesn't fall too far from that tree of knowledge. I just dislike having my picture taken.

Have a great Saturday wherever you are. It's going to continue to rain here and I am thinking of returning to bed.

And, if you have been reading this blog for long, you know I was complaining way back when about a lack of rain. Statistics are showing we have had 17 days of precipitation in June with a total of 81.4 mm of rain. I guess I should have never opened my mouth.

2 comments:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Right On, Phyllis-cita!!! Photos of you hard at work take me back ... oh, maybe twenty years perhaps!?

Love the tractor, too. How big is that spread you guys are cultivating?

Oh yeah, shhhhhh about the rain. We are entering our dry season and the hills are goldening b4 my very eyes.

Phiddy said...

We live on an acre. Hard to believe we need a tractor. But, the mowing every week... taking us two days was our downfall. Now with the tractor it takes less than 2 hours minus the fine tuning mowing with the push mower where the tractor can't get into, primarily around the box gardens . And, as we get older we are finding making the job less difficult and more manageable is to our advantage.

Little old me...

My photo
Canada
An american yankee up past the 49th parellel.

Followers

Blog Archive