Saturday, April 24, 2010

On Seedlings, Holes and Trees in Bloom






This is sort of, kind of, an update on the outdoor growing which is going on.
Pictured are a couple pics of what is up and growing in the garden.
The things which look like grass is the spinach coming up, those are the first leaves of the plants. The other little cute thing is radishes.
I tried to take a picture of the beets which are also up but, it was too blurry to post.
The hole in the lawn, well there are actually two of them. They are for the trees which are arriving today, a gala apple and a weeping willow. Now a weeping willow though they are thought by serious gardeners to be "junk" trees. I love them for their architectural form and the sound the wind makes blowing through the branches. And, there's nothing bad about a gala apple tree.
The beautiful tree all in flowery bloom is one of the two plum trees we planted last year. Isn't it just absolutely stunningly beautiful? I hope every one of those blooms is going to be a piece of fruit for us to enjoy. Fingers crossed here. (The person's shadow you see is... me.)

1 comment:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Hi Cita, how about a photo of you and your shadow!!

Quilts all day today. Ideas are exploding in my mind.

Little old me...

My photo
Canada
An american yankee up past the 49th parellel.

Followers

Blog Archive