Monday, April 5, 2010

I've been MIA



Had some personal stuff going on which made it difficult to sit long enough to blog. Things are better today so, here I am again.

These new pictures are of the finished 12x2 foot Square Foot Boxes we are adding to our already large gardening spaces. Aren't they nice? You can see shade in each of the picture but, don't worry that is shade at 7:30 in the evening. It took DH about 2 days in total to get them situated just right in the yard, leveled and built to his exacting standards. He does amazing work. And, I am very pleased with what he has accomplished.

Now if it was close to our last frost date, I could be planting in them!

1 comment:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Missed you here, Cita. Good to hear that you can perch long enough to keep us updated. Every day, my American Yankee (so far away) appears and is read First on my blogroll.

Ha, it is exactly 54 degrees here and where you are as well. Happy cool weather-I will take it any day over the heat and humididity of Keys Wasted!! We are stronger, just plain healthier than we were then, as evidenced by the tone of voices and the tenor of our conversations.

I LOVE the planter boxes and so, so remember those "exacting standards" of which you speak!!

We were supposed to get some of Jack Frost round the higher elevations in the Bay Area last night; I briefly contemplated covering my strawberries. It was the end of a twelve hour work day-I forgot and drug myself to bed instead. And they just shot up 5-6 inches over the last week or so while it was sunny and a bit drier.

Still in our rainy season, the clay soil squishes underfoot and the little white-flowered "rain lilies" or "Onion Plants" as OO christened them the first time we tried to 'weed' them out and had our noses assaulted by the pungent bulbous root sprout ubiquitously. Now there are 30-40 sq feet of them acting as a tall, flowering groundcover in the Orchard section of our homestead. Wish they were edible....

Thanks for your chat with me earlier. I forwd your msg to our sister and haven't heard more yet. It's noonish here.

Looking forward to great coverage of CitaVille North as the growing season (for all beings) progresses. Remember, you are loved and needed in this world.

May each step we take lead the way to Peace.

Little old me...

My photo
Canada
An american yankee up past the 49th parellel.

Followers

Blog Archive