Wednesday, April 14, 2010

BLUEBERRIES!


They are finally in the ground. Weather forecast is for no freezing temps for the next 2 weeks. That will put me within a week and a half to last frost date. So I have my fingers crossed all will be well.

These are small plants, 2 years old direct from a nursery. They are called Chippewa blueberries. They are low-berry bushes which means they will only grow to 4 feet. Easy to pick for lazy me.

The fencing is up for Gracie (the dog) who tends to run thru things as if they don't exist. And, the top rail is to add bird netting to when the bushes start to produce next year. We want to be the ones eating the berries and I don't want the birds stealing the lot of them. This year all the berries will be removed to allow the roots to get well established.

No comments:

Little old me...

My photo
Canada
An american yankee up past the 49th parellel.

Followers

Blog Archive